PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF TIME AND VENUE
Saturday July 1, 1pm, Town Hall steps.
Part of Labour’s national day of action against Tory austerity, we’re keeping up the energy from the General Election at the City Hall to discuss how Sheffield can help kick out the Tories!
Follow John McDonnell’s call to get a million people on the streets on July 1 to force the Tory government out! If you cannot go to London, come to our rally in Barkers Pool. In support of Labour’s official “national campaign day against the Tory’s continued programme of austerity”, the rally is being co-hosted by Sheffield Trades Council, Momentum Sheffield and Young Labour Sheffield.
– Jared O’Mara MP Sheffield Hallam
– Bob Jeffrey, Sheffield TUC president
– Moya O’Rourke, Labour Party councillor
– Stuart Crosthwaite, Unite Community
– Mike Colgan, Orgreave Truth and Justice Campaign
– Liz Lawrence, former national president of UCU
– Florin Luca, Sheffield Needs a Payrise
– Tom Bishell, Eastern Avenue strikers
– Paul Scarrott, Momentum and Heeley CLP
There will also be contributions from Disabled People against Cuts and Young Labour.
Chair of the rally will be Lee Rock, assistant branch secretary of the Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS), who has played a big role in Jared O’Mara’s election campaign in Sheffield Hallam. Poet and musician Robert Eunson will close our rally.